We’re looking for qualified and enthusiastic candidates to join our family business and uphold a 75 year old Albany tradition. If interested, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Assistant General/Operations Manager
Cardona’s Market, a family owned and operated specialty market and catering company, celebrating our 75th Anniversary, is searching for a qualified candidate to join our management team. We are focused on growing the business and are offering competitive compensation, a fulfilling work environment, and opportunity for advancement.
This role will oversee operations mainly focused on the customer facing side of our market (cashiers, deli, lunch/dinner offering, specialty retail). In addition, this position will have key interactions with kitchen management, our catering director, and our dedicated marketing support. You’ll work directly with the next generation of owners (Robert, Anthony and August Cardona) and focus on overseeing and implementing processes and systems that will maximize efficiency and enhance the overall customer experience at Cardona’s. This is a “hands on” position, particularly during our busy lunch (11am – 2pm) and dinner (5 – 7pm) hours where the market experiences high volume of online, call-in and walk-in food orders.
A positive and professional attitude, strong leadership skills and willingness to learn and be part of a team is what we are looking for. In addition, we want someone with an acute attention to detail and an understanding of the importance of uniform processes and systems in order to achieve smooth and consistent outcomes. Experience in kitchen expediting is a plus.
Additional Responsibilities/Characteristics of the Position:
- Coordinating the entire operation of the customer facing parts of the market during a particular shift
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness, sanitation, food quality, and facility management
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently in a high-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to have friendly, informative and welcoming interactions with our customers
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with staff and colleagues
- Recruiting, training and motivating staff to achieve highest levels of performance
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to handle guest complaints and/or disagreements between staff members
- Can stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to eight (8) hours in length
- Ability to lift pots, pans, bags, boxes, etc. up to 50 pounds in weight
Education & Experience
- At least 3 years of related experience in restaurant, catering company and/or high volume deli/specialty market
- A stable employment track record
- High school degree or equivalent is required
- A degree in Hospitality or Hotel/Restaurant Management is a plus
- Driver’s license is required
Compensation: Competitive salary ($50,000+) and bonus potential
Benefits: Meal Discounts, Paid Time Off Policy, please inquire re: additional benefits
Full-time Deli Associate & Sandwich Maker
Family owned and celebrating our 75th Anniversary, Cardona’s Market is searching for qualified candidates to join our growing team. A positive attitude and willingness to learn is a must.
Deli Associate and Sandwich Maker is responsible for preparing sandwiches in an efficient and accurate manner. Duties include ensuring that food safety standards are respected and maintained, cleaning the working area, properly portioning food items, and maintaining stocks and pars of necessary items within the department and food station. The Deli Associate and Sandwich Maker will also greet and serves guests, prep and prepare other food items such as salads and platters, and handle light paperwork such as order slips and tickets. Secondary duties include answering the market phone from time to time as well as assisting guests in getting dishes from our market’s steam table and/or dessert display case.
- Receives and prepares sandwich orders from/for customers
- Slices cold meats, cheese and produce either by hand or machine
- Selects, cuts and occasionally toasts bread according to order
- Places meat or filling along with condiment and garnish (such as lettuce, tomatoes and onions) between bread slices
- Consistently prepares garnishes for sandwich station, like sliced tomatoes, onions, pickles
- May cook, mix, and season ingredients to make dressings, fillings, and spreads
- May cook or fry chicken cutlets, eggplant slices, bacon or other items in the kitchen
- Ability to safely and properly use knife, slicers, graters and other sharp utensils relative to preparing salads and sandwiches
- Prepares food neatly, according to formula, and in a timely manner
- Checks products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift
Must be friendly, good with customers, able to work with others at a clean and fast pace. Full Time position with shifts ranging from 6 to 8 hours.
Compensation: Competitive ($13-18/hr), depending on applicant’s experience, qualifications, and overall attitude
Benefits: Daily meal credit; Paid Time Off program available; additional benefits to come
- Deli Associate / Sandwich Maker